About the Job
Join our Distribution Team at Bernick’s! Job Summary
We are a family-owned company and we are a wholesale distributor of Pepsi products, beverages, fountain drinks, beer, vending products, and food services in central MN and western WI. As part of our team, you help us create an experience that makes customers say, “Bernick’s is our preferred partner!”
ABOUT A ROUTE DRIVER: “Typical day” “What you’re getting into”
Our route drivers are a very strong asset to our distribution team. If you have a valid Class A Driver’s License and like to stay active, this is a great opportunity for you. Our route drivers work in-town, local area routes, allowing them to be home with their families every night. Our team members will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day.
- Company Driver (W2, Solo)
- Dry Van
- $900 - $1,000 total weekly average pay
- 1,000 - 1,500 average miles per week
- Mostly or only day time driving
- 50% no touch freight
- 4 days on, 3 days off
- Home every weekend
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Maintaining a driver's log in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Being available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
- Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Loading and unloading cargo while operating cargo handling equipment.
- Stacking and sorting delivered cargo.
- At least 21 years old
- Class A license without any of the following restrictions: Air brakes (L,Z), Night driving (G) or No semi trailer (O)
- 6 months Tractor trailer experience in the last 6 years
- Experience must be with a 53 ft trailer minimum
- Must be able to pass urine drug test
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must have basic English proficiency
- Must have High School diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- Must have a valid DOT medical card