Class A Truck Driver
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Class A Truck Driver:
- Competitive starting pay; $29.55 per hour
- Local driving so home after every shift
- Amazing Medical/Dental at very low weekly deductions
- Stable Union position with pension for retirement
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available
Class A Truck Driver Position Summary:
The Class A Truck driver is part of our Transport team and is responsible for safely operating a tractor-trailer vehicle, loading, unloading, reloading product, delivery of product to designated locations. Must possess clean verifiable Class A driver’s license, knowledge of and compliance of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as well as State and/or Local Department of Motor Vehicle regulations. Record and maintain documents required by the Company and DOT.
Class A Truck Driver Principal Accountabilities:
- This is starting as a Vacation Relief position but has potential to be assigned a route quickly
- Attend regularly and on time to this position with a 3 - 4 day work schedule, 10 hours minimum a day including weekends and possible split days off. Will be required to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime based upon business needs. May be scheduled to work extra days.
- Associate is required to load equipment from Sales Centers and count the number of dollies, blue baskets and grey baskets that are being brought back on the trailer and document the equipment being returned, on the back of the Trip Sheet.
Load, unload, and reload trailers with product.
- May be required to breakdown product and equipment.
- Perform these functions utilizing safe work practices and high customer focus.
Utilize powered material handling equipment in a safe manner. Comply with related operational safety regulations including licensing requirements.
- Operate tractor-trailer safely following FMCSR and DMV regulations. Comply with FMCSR record keeping requirements including but not limited to Driver's Daily Record of Duty Status, Vehicle Inspections, trip sheets and related necessary documents.
- Reports any issues or problems encountered during the execution of duties to Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness of tractor interior.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule for Hire:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; Must be able to work all shifts.
- Shift Start Time: Assignment of shift is dependent on bid availability
- Overtime as needed