New York City, NY
CLEANING SUPERVISOR (Full-Time)
New York, NY
MGS CLEANING, LLC
4 pm x 12:00 am - Monday - Friday
MGS Cleaning, LLC is seeking to hire a motivated, responsible Cleaning Shift Supervisor to work at an educational institution located on the eastside of Manhattan, New York City. As an MG Cleaning Services employee, you will be responsible for supervising the overall cleaning and disinfecting of the pubic and non-public areas of the facility. When necessary, said supervisor will assist with custodial operations to ensure the facility is properly serviced. The right candidate must be available Monday through Friday and be able to work 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the cleaning and disinfecting of public and non-public areas of the facility
- Supervise the cleaning, disinfecting, and servicing of the public and non-public restrooms of the facility
- Supervise the servicing of all waste receptacles and recyclable containers
- Dusting, polishing, sweeping, and moping of surfaces as required
- Ensure safe use, storage, and disposal of cleaning products
- Maintain cleaning equipment, supplies, and products
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of special events
- Supervise the cleaning and servicing of the exterior grounds of the facility including snow and ice mitigation
- Prepare shift assignments and ensure all areas of the facility are properly staffed for cleaning
- Inspect uniforms and personnel to ensure all personnel follow uniform and appearance standards
- When necessary, assist the custodial team with cleaning responsibilities
- Train, coach, and mentor personnel
- Monitor and supervise employee performance and document appropriate disciplinary action taken to ensure negative behavior is corrected and progressive discipline is applied
- Coordinate with the custodial manager assigned to the site to ensure personnel needs, performance, and behavior expectations are met
Qualifications and Skills
Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs, kneel, stretch, etc. throughout the shift
- Must be able to lift and carry approximately 25 lbs. to 30 lbs. of equipment and / or trash
- Must be able to operate common cleaning equipment such as a vacuum and a mist duster / blower, etc.
- General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies, and techniques for cleaning
- MUST be available to work overtime, when required
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) required
The Cleaning Supervisor position is a full-time position that will be reporting to a MG Cleaning Account Manager.
Salary: $18.25 per hour
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a copy of their resume.