1 day ago
Menlo Park, CA
CLIA Clinical Laboratory General Supervisor
This person is responsible/accountable for the daily ops & success of the testing sites, including oversight of pre analytical, analytical, & post analytical laboratory processes. This person must be onsite during hours of operation & patient testing. They are also responsible for monitoring quality control, quality improvement & compliance activities, with guidance from the Tech Supervisor and Lab Director. This lab is focused on COVID-19 molecular & serology testing. The team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, & more to create interventions that drastically improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device & government orgs to enable fast development, meaningful advances, & deployment at scale. The CLIA laboratory is currently focused on a rapid turnaround time for COVID-19 results, serving our Healthy @ Work partners and our Community testing program.
• Day to day supervision/oversight of the labs operation & personnel performing testing and reporting test results - including high-complexity assays.
• Providing direct supervision & training on high complexity assays performed by any qualified CLIA laboratory personnel.
• Monitor test analyses & specimen examinations ensuring that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
• Performing tasks delegated by laboratory manager including:
o Assuring that all remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from the lab's established performance specs.
o Ensuring that patient test results aren't reported until all corrective actions have been taken & the test system is functioning properly.
o Provide orientation to all testing personnel.
o Annually evaluate & document the performance of all testing personnel.
o The general supervisor must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the laboratory director or technical supervisor.
• Active CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license in Microbiology, Virology or Clinical Molecular Genetics.
• BA/BS degree in Biochemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Genomics & Molecular Genetics, Medical Technology, or similar.
• At least 2-4 years of experience in CLIA/CAP Microbiology or Virology lab.
• Deep knowledge in molecular biology techniques & experimental design.
• Comfortable working weekday evening shift - 3PM-12AM.
• Masters or PhD in Biochem, Clinical Laboratory Science, Genomics & Molecular Genetics, Medical Technology, or similar.
• Experience in a high volume CLIA/CAP Accredited Molecular Lab is a bonus.
• Prior supervisory or leadership experience in a CLIA lab.
• Prior experience with COVID-19 testing.