Clinic Assistant - Peds Specialties - Temporary, 75% FTE - Waisman Center
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
Join the REMARKABLE team at the UW Health!
We are seeking a temporary Clinical Assistant to:
- Provide clerical support and assist with quality improvement projects such as communication of waits and delays and chart audits.
- Clean and examine procedure tables, equipment, and other work areas according to infection control and/or isolation procedures.
- Stock exam/procedure rooms as assigned, inventory specialty items, and initiate reorder of supplies as needed.
- Complete daily opening and/or closing of clinic checks, ensuring that defibrillator and other safety equipment is working properly.
- Prepare /maintain medical records, including ordering, filing, copying, mailing, or printing where appropriate.
Minimum – High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred –Associate’s Degree or progress towards a degree in a healthcare related field.
Preferred – Previous work experience in a healthcare setting.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, listening, and communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously/ability to be flexible in response to changing demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of individuals in a positive manner.
- Flexibility to float to other clinics as needed for operational needs.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Temporary (4 months), 75% FTE (30 hours per week). Shifts scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.