Since its founding in 1967, OrthoIllinois has grown dynamically to become one of the leading bone and joint centers in northern Illinois. Our university-quality care delivery is founded on a one-stop, multi-specialty philosophy.
The Clinic Float is responsible for assisting the physician during procedures, communicating care to patients and families, act as the liaison for clinical operations, and other related non-professional services necessary for the care of orthopedic patients under the direction of the physician.
- Maintain complete patient medical information in the medical record while confirming that all necessary data is in place before the patient/physician encounter.
- Assist the physician in procedures such as joint injections by prepping the patient and preparing all necessary equipment and materials.
- Scribe for the physician and mid-levels.
- Complete disability forms, return to work forms, and any other necessary forms to coordinate patient care at OrthoIllinois.
- Perform patient education at end of each visit and/or telephonically as needed.
- Assist the phone triage nurse as needed and on assigned days.
- Maintain exam room supplies and sample medication inventory. Check expiration dates on medications and supplies before dispensing.
- Prepare for clinic days by reviewing all patient charts in advance in order to confirm all information such as test results, x-rays, MRI's, and CT's are present for the patient's visit.
- Confers with appointment and surgery schedulers in order to maintain an efficient and productive physician schedule.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Greet patients and patients' families with a smile and professional demeanor.
Athletic Trainer certification preferred, will consider Registered Orthopedic Technician or Medical Assistant
- Experience with eCW preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and organize the physician's schedule.
- Casting and familiarity with DME's preferred.
- Qualified candidate will possess a strong sense of urgency.
Benefits available at OrthoIllinois:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Company paid Life insurance and additional Voluntary Life available
- Company paid Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off program and holidays
- Company paid wellness program
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Discounted cell phone service and discounts with local vendors
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines