PAFFORD MEDICAL SERVICES
Job Title: Clinic Medical Technician / Medical Assistant
Reports To:Clinic Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains personal knowledge and skills in order to deliver optimum patient care as emergency service personnel.
- Documents all patient care, assessments, BLS skills and all service reports in a timely fashion (end of shift). Documentation shall be legible and accurate.
- Participate in company Q/A as deemed necessary
- When approved and requested, participating in clinical training and evaluation.
- Shall be consistently punctual and ready for their shift.
- Acts at all times in a professional manner and shall be able to handle conflict situations with good judgment.
- Preforms at a level associated with certification level, following applicable clinical protocols, rules and regulations.
- Maintains strict compliance with all Pafford Policies & Procedures.
- Maintains strict compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by the state and federal programs.
- May perform other related duties or task as assigned.
- Provides complete patient assessment, including vital signs and pre-examination procedures. Gathers and assesses objective and subjective data from the patient.
- Documents data and assessments in the patient record. May use a computer system and information technology to ensure standard documentation, coding, and completion.
- Assists the providers in all aspects of the consultation, treatment, procedures, and follow-up care.
- Operating medical equipment
- Maintaining medical supplies, inventory, and disposal.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA guidelines, CLIA regulations, HIPAA guidelines
- May use general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
- Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Active license/certification as a Medical Assistant, National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or home state equivalent with 2+ years of experience as an Emergency Medical Technician
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clearance to drive company vehicles
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR or equivalent(s)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), preferred
- Must possess current Hepatitis B, Tetanus vaccinations & other immunizations or declination records
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Must be able to act as a professional ambassador for Pafford Medical Services; interacting with customers, clients, governmental agencies and personnel as well as federal and state contractors.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work may require sitting, near vision use for reading and computer use, lifting, stooping, bending, stretching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other physical exertion.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Must possess visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform accounting functions, operate a computer terminal, operate a motor vehicle, and do extensive reading.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified.