Clinic Nurse Practitioner – Casual/On-Call
FACE TO FACE HEALTH & COUNSELING SERVICES, INC
SAINT PAUL, MN
Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth.
The on call Clinic Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and treating acute or chronic health conditions typical of young people. The position works with a team at our Arcade medical clinic and may staff the medical clinic at SafeZone, Face to Face’s drop-in center for youth who are homeless.
This position is casual and will pick up shifts when the clinic is particular busy or others are unavailable.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment by observation, interview, and examination.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic studies.
- Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and patient care.
- Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Perform clinical procedures approved by supervising provider or facility-based protocol.
- Counsel and educate patients concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources.
- Document delivery of healthcare and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
- Preserve the patient’s control over decision making, assess the patient’s commitment to the jointly determined and mutually acceptable plan of care, and foster patient’s personal responsibility for health.
- Participate as an integral member of the Clinic and SafeZone teams by promoting and demonstrating collaborative practice behaviors.
- Engage in activities that promote professional growth and development to enhance processes that contribute to effective, efficient, and safe patient care.
- Provides all services guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s level degree or NP certification as required by your governing board.
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensing in Minnesota required or must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health with experience in implanted devise procedures (IUDs and implants) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with electronic health records.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Requires manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to operate office and medical equipment.
- Responsibilities may involve occasional lifting of equipment/supplies, usually less than 25 pounds.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
Prior to starting a position, all providers must be credentialed with the Minnesota Department of Health and other insurance carriers. Face to Face assists with the credentialing process.
Face to Face does not offer benefits for on-call positions.
Face to Face is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.