30+ days ago
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Previous clerical experience (preferably in a healthcare setting). Medical terminology preferred.
3. An ability to set appropriate priorities and organize work flow.
4. An ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail during frequent interruptions.
5. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interface with support and professional staff and patients.
6. An ability to work as a team member with flexibility and frequent change.
1. Busy patient-care environment.
2. Some exposure to patients with infectious disease.
3. Ability to walk and/or stand for up to 75% of work time. Essential functions require the ability to perform repetitive hand movements and make fine discriminations in sound. Complies with precautions, as defined by Infection Control staff, in patients/materials requiring isolation. Mount Auburn Hospital employees must be able to readily adjust to change and handle a rapid-paced environment and the stresses associated with that, while continuing to provide high-quality, efficient service.