As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Clinical Educator develops and provides training and education for new and current clinic and ancillary staff in clinical skills, clinic processes, policies, compliance and other topics. This position also works in collaboration with clinic managers and leadership around educational needs assessments, evaluations, and design.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Graduate of BSN program.
- Knowledge of training and development, instructional methods, assessment methods and instructional tool design.
- 2+ years of clinical training experience.
- Experience using blended learning principles including Learning Management Systems (LMS), Computer based courses, classroom and skill lab education, video learning, and researches best methods for content delivery.
- Good time and classroom management skills. Excellent communication skills. Recent experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Expertise using LMS and developing blended learning.
- Ability to convey clinical skill information effectively and teach others how to perform job-related processes. Outstanding patient care skills.
- Fluent in use of Word, Excel, Power Point and writes at collegiate level.
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to help assess organizational training needs.
- Ability to independently take on large projects and manage multiple, competing priorities while maintaining excellence in communication and customer service.
- Proficient and comfortable with technologies such as smart devices, applications, and hardware.
- MN Licensed MSN with extensive knowledge of training and development.
- BLS instructor certification.
- Previous healthcare training experience and curriculum development.
- Prefer knowledge of UMPhysicians values, mission and vision.
- Proven ability to develop curriculum, learning objectives, and/or course materials
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.