Clinical Lab Scientist
San Dimas, CA
Licensed Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS):
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for specimen collection, processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant, or Laboratory Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratories established performance specifications.
- Follow all safety procedures and report concerns to the Supervisor or the anonymous reporting system.
- Ability to learn new techniques quickly in order to support other departments as requested for test development.
- Enthusiasm for understanding new techniques, and balance new techniques and learning with actual sample processing and testing duties.
- Ability to prioritize time well to focus primarily on patient testing
- Valid California CLS license (Generalist)
- Previous experience in a fast-paced high complexity lab
- Previous experience supervising non-licensed staff
Location: Curative Lab, 430 S. Cataract Ave, San Dimas, CA 91773
Shift: Graveyard; Mon-Fri
Curative is a leader in on-demand public health service programs and healthcare delivery infrastructure. From rapid, mass COVID-19 testing sites to mobile vaccination sites, Curative partners with communities to strengthen public health services with turn-key programs, easy-to-access experiences, and scalable infrastructure, keeping people everywhere safe, healthy, and informed.
Co-founded by CEO Fred Turner and powered by a team of world-leading doctors, scientists, engineers, and health industry experts, Curative began focusing on COVID-19 testing in early March 2020 upon realizing the urgent need to scale COVID-19 test production in the United States. With a network of over 15,000 sites across over 20 states and three CLIA-certified, high-complexity laboratories, Curative and its managed medical entities have provided millions of COVID-19 tests and COVID-19 vaccines.
Beyond COVID-19, Curative is using its unique healthcare delivery expertise to reimagine the way we deliver and experience healthcare in America. We're working on creating an entirely new, vertically integrated healthcare offering that will improve individual and community health while utilizing society's limited healthcare resources more effectively and efficiently. For more details on Curative, please visit curative.com and follow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
At Curative, your safety is our priority. Our working environments comply with current CDC recommendations.
As a company that focuses on ending the COVID-19 pandemic, we have a responsibility to ensure the safety of our staff and communities. We require that all Curative employees and third-party contractors show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 within two weeks of their start date.
Curative Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please contact us with any questions or comments about your personal information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices at: email@example.com or by writing us at:
430 S Cataract Ave
San Dimas, CA 91773