Cloud Software Developer (Remote)
The Managed Services team is responsible for all the infrastructure and automation required to support continuous integration and continuous delivery both for client cloud (UAT and Production) environments and internal environments. This person would work as part of a global team to help manage these environments and ensure that Managed Services requests are actioned within well defined SLAs.
What You'll Do
- Play an integral role in the Managed Services offering providing support and expertise to ensure maximum up-time of environments.
- Ensure that client SLAs are strictly adhered to and their primary focus will be on continuous performant operations.
- Be involved in core team tasks including investigating and resolving environment issues, investigating and implementing automated solutions and analyzing and improving existing SCM tool chain applications.
- Be required to liaise with the other teams in Managed Services to ensure the overall team works together as one. As well as various other groups (e.g. Support, Architecture, IT) to ensure issues are resolved, new tools/trends are analysed, etc.
- Be familiar with operating in a challenging environment supported from different locations and should also have a strong appreciation of Development processes, tool sets and delivery infrastructure, and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems and tools.
- Be required to work within a team structure.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies, processes, tool sets and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Manage client cloud environments (UAT and production)
- Occasional outside support hours will be required as part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover
- Action Managed Services requests within defined SLAs
- Optimize processes around Service Requests, resource reclamation, and monitoring
- Implement automated solutions for repetitive and manual tasks
- Analysis and improvement of existing SCM tool chain applications
- Collaboration with Managed Services stakeholders to refine and continuously improve deliverables and services according to their requirements
- Collaboration with IT / Technical Architecture in R&D to assess tooling and trends
- Manage internal environments
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems and technologies – including shell scripting, OS configuration and troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of the Java eco system
- Prior experience of Incident Management/Ticketing Systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow) and workflows
- Good working knowledge of JEE applications and application servers e.g. JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
- Understanding of messaging oriented middleware especially JMS (e.g. IBM MQ, Active MQ)
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Experience of supporting a high uptime/high availability (24x7) system
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, concepts and tooling
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Groovy, Perl)
- Familiarity with build automation and dependency management
- Ability to work within a team containing geographically disparate people
- Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. SVN, GIT) – branching, hook scripting, access control, backup & recovery
- SQL and JAVA skills would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills with practical, can-do approach
- Proactive work ethic
- Desire and ability for quick learning of new tools and technologies
- Proven documentation skills
All qualified candidates should email an MS Word Version of their resume to