Initiate Government Solutions
Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communication systems. Regular travel is not required however, the candidate may be required to attend offsite meetings as requested.
Position Description: An experienced Cloud Engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based technology, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our clients become more secure and efficient. Provide architectural consulting to business development efforts on current and future contracts as well as support IGS initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines
- Work in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients
- Facilitate technical training for client specific use cases
- Design and implement innovative cloud solutions with a strong focus on automation
- Ensure the cloud environments meet approved architectural and security standards
- Analyze and simplify existing processes when migrating to the cloud
- The orchestration and automation of cloud-based platforms
- Lead client interactions and product demonstrations
- Evaluation of new cloud-related technologies and provide a proof of concept
- Communicate clients concerns to management team and product improvements to clients
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company or client security guidelines
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Develop articles or white papers to publish on IGS website
- Provide technical solutions writing in support of proposals
- Provide support to generate quotes for any IT application or public cloud services needed for IGS or for a proposal
- Develop feasibility studies and decision analysis studies providing detailed quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of technologies, products, and solutions
- Ad Hoc Assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Cloud Engineer
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Ability to build highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant cloud-based designs
- Experience with managing on-premises data center infrastructure
- Hands-on engineering experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and GCP), preferably AWS
- Ability to build architectural solutions as infrastructure-as-code (for example AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Deployment Manager, GCP cloud Deployment Manager)
- Understanding of TCP and IP networking protocols and related technologies
- Current knowledge of technical changes, advancements, software technologies, and improvements in systems design, with ability to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to lead technical professionals in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycle and processes, specifically in Scaled Agile and Scrum
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Windows or Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with implementation of security best practices and audit/compliance programs (e.g., FedRAMP)
- Excellent communications skills
- Cloud certifications
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Must be able to leverage technology and apply critical thinking to gather, aggregate, and analyze data, and present results to senior clients and management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- Demonstrate leadership and foster collaborative team approach
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust
Please note, proof of vaccination will be required upon hire and reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, an education assistance program, employee recognition program and spot bonuses, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability.
About the Company
Initiate Government Solutions
Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions, LLC is a WOSB focusing on health information technology services that supports improving public healthcare organizations.
IGS strives to provide an attractive work environment providing long-term opportunities for our employees, which is why we have established the “Great Place to Work Initiative.” At IGS, there is a heavy investment in the training and development of personnel to build market-relevant skills, maintain proficiency, and enhance overall professional development. A major element of making IGS a great place to work is our market-based compensation plan. This includes salary, merit increases, pay adjustments, as well as non-financial components such as flexible work schedules.
We offer employees comprehensive programs competitive with the relevant labor market, including cash compensation, access to a variety of healthcare options, and retirement and savings plans. At IGS, we provide guidance in career development through both individual and team meetings where we emphasize evaluation of performance. Our evaluation process includes proactive, timely, and targeted feedback, as well as guidance in career development.