Are you a hands on technologist? Are you interested in building world-class troubleshooting systems? Do you want to use the latest cloud computing technologies and learn about modern software architecture? Will you excel at not only solving complex technical problems, but also at communicating solutions clearly and effectively?
If so, you could be exactly who we are looking for! We are a group of passionate engineers with a strong belief that world-class support is critical to customer success.
About the role
Each day will be unique and filled with exciting challenges, but on a typical day you will:
- Learn and use the latest technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customers
- Collaborate with various teams and subject matter experts to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical incidents
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple technologies like VPNs, databases, authentication, etc
- Leverage your contact with customers to capture feedback with how Appian can improve
- Write tutorials and other technical articles for both Appian Customers and Appian Employees
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience
- Develop 24/7 systems that are leveraged globally to monitor, prevent, and respond to our customers’ cloud issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- 2+ years in a technology focused role
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with networking fundamentals like VPNs, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- Willing and able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
- 2+ years in a customer facing technology role
- Certifications: AWS Associate Solution Architect, CCENT or CCNA
- Advanced analysis of packet capture (Wireshark, tcpdumps etc)
- Knowledge of Containerization solutions (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Familiarity with Database concepts (tables, views, ERDs, etc)
- Experience with Appian development
Why Appian Support?
- We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- We are growing, and with growth comes opportunity
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as aWashington Post Top Workplacefor seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.