Newton MAAs a Home Care Aide/Caregiver your goal will be to maintain the safety and personal comfort of your client and positively impact their quality of life.
Specific care activities are outlined in an individualized Care Plan for each client by the Client Care Manager. The Home Care Aide/Caregiver reports directly to the Visiting Angels Business Manager.
Qualifications * Have a caring and sympathetic attitude toward caring for others.
* Previous experience in home or senior care preferred.
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age. * Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
* Must be able to pass a background check.
* Provide a valid TB test or chest X-ray.
* Must have a valid drivers license.
* Must have your own reliable transportation and be able to take clients to medical appointments and errands as needed.
* Provide valid car insurance if you have your own car.
* Must have a working mobile phone and a working email for regular and timely communication.
* Must be punctual, willing and able to work flexible hours, and able to work a minimum of two (2) holidays per year and a minimum of one (1) weekend a month.
* Must be able to read, write legibly, speak clearly and understand English in order to communicate with clients, follow instructions and document care.
* Must be able to see and hear or use vision and/or hearing aids to ensure that the requirements of this position can be met.
Responsibilities * Provide joyful companionship.
Engage in respectful social interaction, including friendly conversation and empathic support.
* Assist your client with personal care activities which may include: bathing, dressing and undressing, oral hygiene, skin care, hair care, shaving (electric only), grooming, bedtime care, and bathroom care (use of urinal or bedpan if necessary, and keep incontinent clients clean and dry).
* Assist your client with mobility activities which may include: exercise, ambulation, and transfers. Be aware of proper body mechanics for you and your client.
* Provide medication reminders and, if necessary assist your client with self-administration of medications.
* Assist with meal planning, preparation, and, if required, feeding.
* Maintain a clean, safe, comfortable and healthy environment for your and your client, including proper hand washing.
* Observe safety precautions, including: immediately wiping up wet floors, spills, and other falling hazards.
* Report safety hazards such as frayed electrical cords, unsecured handrails, malfunctioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors/alarms, defective equipment or environmental hazards to Agency on the same day of observation.
* Provide light housekeeping, including laundry, dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning floors, etc.
* Respond to client’s requests which may include: grocery shopping, errands, and accompany to appointments.
* Respect client’s privacy and property.
* Read and understand information and precautions in each individual client’s Care Plan.
* Review Care Plan prior to each shift to note any changes in client's care.
* Arrive on time and complete all tasks and activities as outlined in Care Plan, as needed.
* Document client care or service(s) furnished.
* Report and document any changes in client condition or behavior to Agency immediately.
* Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to Agency immediately.
* Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, clients’ families, and employees.
* Any changes and all communications are required to go through the Agency, not directly between caregiver and client, so that all are informed as necessary.
* Have a positive, respectful attitude and behavior.
* Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all members of the team.
* Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency for which you have the skills and experience.
* Seek assistance, as needed, from your supervisor and/or others at the Agency.
* Attend required orientation and in-service training programs to improve your skills and knowledge and meet all annual regulatory requirements.
* Understand and adhere to established Visiting Angels policies and procedures, including dress code.
Benefits * Competitive Pay
* Flexible Schedule
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Travel Time and Mileage Reimbursement
* Continuing Education and Online Training
* Bonuses for Employee Referrals and Emergency Shifts
* Life Insurance
* Health and Wellness Discounts
* Financial and Legal Services Programs
* Regular Caregiver Appreciation Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.