Elevate Care Riverwoods -
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (CNA)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Elevate Care our healthcare team is focused on changing the lives of our residents by providing the highest level of care every day. Now is a great time to join our team of healthcare professionals.
Elevate Care seeks highly motivated Certified Nurse Assistants.
$17.00 - $20.00 an hour
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full Time $500 after 3 months and $500 after 6 months
SUMMARY: The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for providing resident care and support in all activities of daily living and ensures the health, welfare and safety of all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance with serving meals and feeding; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provide assistance in personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provide assistance in ambulating, turning, and positioning residents
- Maintain resident stability by checking vital signs and weight; recording intake and output information.
- Provide for resident comfort by utilizing resources and materials; answering call lights and requests; reporting observations of the residents to the nursing supervisor.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Protect privacy and dignity by keeping patient information confidential; comply with HIPAA guidelines and related laws.
- Adhere to professional standards, company policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local requirements, including JCAHO standards, when applicable.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; and maintaining licensure.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the laws of the state of practice.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Elevate Care is a fully integrated post-acute care consortium offering 24-hour skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, post-hospital recovery and many more clinical specialized programs. We not only provide the highest quality of care, we take it to the next level. Elevate Care is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and much more.Elevate Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer