Selectemp is currently recruiting for a client in Eugene, Oregon for a DIRECT HIRE CNC Turret Punch Operator - THIS IS NOT A TEMP-HIRE position:
We are assisting a local manufacturer that provides Cabinet Dryers, Tunnel Dryers, Traying Lines, Ancillary Support Equipment, Belt Dryers, and Bin Dryers for Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pistachios, Walnuts and Bark. Overseas applications include drying and roasting Macadamia Nuts, drying Mushrooms, and Hot Forced Air Treatment Chambers for tropical fruit with recruiting on this position.
- Operate the CNC Turret Punch and other machinery used in the
production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper die clearances based on material requirements.
- Set up tooling, load programs, and set machine parameters to ensure
optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine the condition of tools and point of re-sharpening.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment,
manually up to 60 pounds, or by using a hoist. Physically able to clear
jams from the machine.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities
- Be dependable, follow instructions, respond to management direction,
take responsibility for own actions, keep commitments, commit to long
hours of work when needed to reach goals and complete tasks on time,
or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan of action.
- Ideal candidates will have two or more years’ experience with Amada or similar
CNC turret punch machines.
- The ability to identify different gauges and alloys of sheet metal is critical to this individual’s success.
- Being capable to read blueprints, Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and convert from or to
- MS Office tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical and organizational skills.
- Can-do, results driven, positive behaviors with an inquisitive nature.
- Inventor, 2D and 3D ACAD 2015 to present.
- AAS or Equivalent.
- Sheet metal, fluidics system design, machined or molded part design.
- Demonstrated ability for technical proficiency, creativity, problem solving skills, communication and task management.
- 3 to 5 years experience in product development, machine design, or related experience.
- Full-time: $18-$25 /hr
- Send cover letter & resume to the Eugene Selectemp Team: email@example.com