Reporting to the Site Leader, a Coach at Atlanta Falcons Summer Camps is responsible for the safety, enjoyment, and development of every football player under their care. Our Coaches provide their team with guidance and instruction throughout the camp day, always encouraging a respectful and positive atmosphere so that each player experiences success while at camp. Coaches must possess the ability to communicate with a variety of age, interest, and skill levels as well as have an enthusiasm for football while approaching each day and its unique challenges with energy, patience, and a sense of humor.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitate Curriculum. We believe the best Coaches don’t just sit around all day. We show up every day ready to work and expect our coaches to do the same. To truly provide the best experience, Coaches must master and execute the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Football curriculum, schedules, polices, and safety protocols with high energy, integrity, and passion.
- Build Your Foundation. Preparation is key and through Headfirst Professional Sports Camps online and in-person trainings/webinars, you will continue to develop your love for the game and the commitment you have made to your team this summer. Through studying, learning, and immersing yourself in the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps Football curriculum each day, you will provide families with an experience their camper will never forget.
- Provide Unrivaled Experiences. You will lead football players through VIP stadium visits and player meet-and-greets. This once in a lifetime experience gives you and your team a behind the scenes look at an official National Football League organization while you ensure the safety, well-being, and enjoyment of all participants.
- Work on a Team. We take our job seriously and are proud of the work we do. On this team you will demonstrate ethical and professional behavior while working with football players, their families, fellow team members, leadership, headquarters, and facility partners while upholding the Headfirst Professional Sports Camps mission at all times.
- Handle the Curveballs. We believe obstacles are temporary and embrace any challenge as an opportunity to improve. As a member of our team you may be asked to step out of your comfort zone to help problem-solve, lend a helping hand, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- You have:
- At least 18 years of age as of the first day of employment (if under 18, please apply for the Junior Coach position).
- Graduated high school or equivalent educational experience.
- At least two (2) years’ experience playing baseball/softball during high school years or later.
- At least one (1) year's experience teaching, coaching, or working with children.
- You are:
- Highly Motivated. A self-starter who approaches professional hurdles with a strong sense of individual responsibility and a sincere emphasis on team over self.
- A Coachable Teammate. You are a down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow through self-reflection, and by both providing and receiving constructive performance feedback.
- A Leader Through Action. At Headfirst Professional Sports Camps, we lead by example and are searching for a vocal, energetic, and enthusiastic leader who possesses the charisma, passion, and polish to serve as an ambassador of The Headfirst Companies.
- Passionate. Here at Headfirst we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere and want you to be too.
What You'll Gain:
- Customer and Client Interactions: Our campers and their families come from a diverse range of backgrounds. As one of the go-to leadership representatives on-site, you’ll learn to handle all aspects of customer interactions with respect and confidence.
- Exposure to a professional environment: We expect a lot of our team, but we strive to give you as much in return through consistent feedback, fair expectations, and value-based incentives. From time-management to communication skills – our team members grow as professionals.
- Group Management: Here, you’re more than just a coach. You will be a role model, superhero and leader for your group of campers by fostering a safe and competitive environment.
Dates & Locations:
- June 7 - June 11: The Weber School in Atlanta, GA
- June 14 - June 18: Holy Spirit Prep in Atlanta, GA
- June 21 - June 25: TBD
- June 28 - July 2: The Home Depot Backyard in Atlanta, GA
- July 5 - July 9: OFF
- July 12 - July 16: TBD
- July 19 - July 23: Mount Paran Christian School in Kennesaw, GA
Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We value diversity and inclusivity across our Headfirst community, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.