Buffalo: 403 Main Street, Suite 225, Buffalo, NY 14203
Work days and expected hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(Additional hours as necessary to meet the objectives of the department)
Function: The Commercial Banking Portfolio Manager provides relationship management to Commercial Bankers for an assigned portfolio including; Commercial and Industrial (C&I), Real Estate Development / Management, Municipal, and Dealership clients. In partnership with the Commercial Bankers the Portfolio Managers draw on their prior analytical and commercial loan experience to provide comprehensive support to existing Borrowers within the assigned portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison between Commercial Banker and Credit Administration facilitating modifications, reviews / renewals, extensions, and covenant testing within designated relationships.
- Perform annual risk rating reviews for client relationships within the assigned borrowing threshold.
- May attend client calls with Commercial Bankers in order to gain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and effectively assist in ongoing maintenance of the relationship.
- As a trusted partner, the Portfolio Manager will provide constructive and regular feedback to Bankers to ensure sound relationship quality.
- Conduct site visits and document vacancy / occupancy, as well as, general property conditions via notes and photographs.
- Conduct covenant tests within the assigned borrowing threshold
- Monitor / facilitate construction and general line advances within the assigned borrowing threshold
- Monitor credit performance of client portfolios and alert Bankers to changes that may require action to ensure risk mitigation and minimize potential losses. Including but not limited to:
- Facilitating the collection and spreading of financial statements
- Analyzing collateral quality
- Monitoring line usage and supporting documents such as: accounts receivable / payable aging reports and inventory reports for concentration risk, aged accounts and inventory.
- Performing lease analysis for potential rent roll down / expirations / vacancy
- Comparing actual performance to pro-formas/projections
- Monitoring delinquency reports
- Preparing periodic credit file memos
- Maintains a good working relationship with Bank employees in other departments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as motivated to work as a team player to contribute to the success of the department and in turn, the organization.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Operates a keypad device: 50% of the day. Operates electronic equipment/office equipment: 20% of the day. Travel is required up to 30% of the time. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists, elbows. Standing is required 5% of the day; sitting is required 80% of the day and walking is required 15% of the day which is slow in speed. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18”- 20” for computer work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.