Redwood City, CA
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers a family of fully integrated products: C3 AI® Suite, an end-to-end platform for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI applications; C3 AI Applications, a portfolio of industry-specific SaaS AI applications; C3 AI CRM, a suite of industry-specific CRM applications designed for AI and machine learning; and C3 AI Ex Machina, a no-code AI solution to apply data science to everyday business problems. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development.
C3 AI is seeking a highly qualified commercial counsel to join the C3 AI Legal team. The candidate will perform a broad range of legal work, with a focus on supporting the sales and alliances organizations on commercial engagements. Candidate will help align deal structure, draft and review commercial and alliance agreement, advise members of management on various issues within assigned areas, and support the General Counsel.
Candidates must have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-‐paced environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Draft, analyze, negotiate and complete complex commercial transactions with the company’s enterprise customers and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with the product, sales and services teams to achieve key business objectives.
- Assist to improve and implement use of templates, “playbooks,” and policies.
Required Skills and Experience
- JD from top law school; Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar.
- 6+ years related experience, including 3+ years at a premier law firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Deep substantive knowledge of enterprise software, SaaS, PaaS and other software licensing and distribution, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models, intellectual property and open source.
- C3 AI is a culture of “doers.” Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming candidate is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A high-energy individual who inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills and keen self-awareness.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal and written communication and skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team and other internal and external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front.
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, s/he is equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. Authentic integrity comes naturally for strong leaders; C3 AI believes this is an essential attribute for every employee at the company.