Commercial (Field) Construction Manager-Port St. Lucie (Relocation Opportunity**)
G L Homes of Florida Corporation
Port St. Lucie, FL
The Commercial Construction Manager is responsible for the management of construction projects and oversee progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner and for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects. The Manager must have a high degree of knowledge in the applicable construction phase and strive to ensure that subcontractors, suppliers, laborers and others maintain the high level of Quality, while maintaining safety standards and production levels through proactive administrative, communication and scheduling techniques. This position will involve working in the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning & organizing each day and prioritizing workload so that work will be completed in a timely manner. Identify tasks and items which must receive immediate attention and maintain a sense of urgency in completing or supervising completion of these items.
- Scheduling and coordinating the efforts of subcontractors, suppliers, municipal employees, utility companies, purchasers and company personnel for commercial properties, amenities, entry features and clubhouses.
- Procure subcontractor work by establishing dates for each phase of work to begin and be completed by the subcontractors as well as coordinate the delivery of all materials, building inspections, water meter installation, utility companies, and walk-throughs.
- Ensuring Quality Control compliance to Building Codes and regulatory rules, scopes of work, specifications, product approvals, and company standards for workmanship.
- Ensure subcontractors work is consistent with Subcontractor's Agreement, Plans, Specifications, Start Packages, Building Codes, Safety Procedures, Quality Assurance Procedures, and all G.L. Building Corp Policies and Procedures.
- Identify problem areas, make recommendations to correct problems and take action to resolve and prevent future occurrences.
- Conducting all work in compliance with reasonable safety standards and guidelines, advise Subcontractors and suppliers of issues which pose hazards to others, and take appropriate action to eliminate hazards
- Maintaining all required Construction documents and records necessary to construct a building in accordance with the plans, specifications and building codes.
- Responsible for the approval of payments for subcontractor.
- Responsible for maintaining proactive communication with the Subcontractors, Suppliers, Municipal employees, Utility companies, purchasers, and company personnel.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the job site through his/her supervision of laborers and subcontractors.
- Other related duties as requested by management.
BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field, helpful but not required
Keyword: Commercial Construction Manager
10 + years’ experience in commercial construction including shipping centers, office buildings, tenant buildouts. Experience with residential clubhouses, etc. helpful.
Knowledge and experience with common commercial construction techniques, methods, practices, and construction details.
Skills and Abilities, include, but are not limited to:
Planning and Organizing - Must be detail oriented with strong skills in coordinating and prioritizing a large number of people and tasks. Must be thorough with paperwork and follow - up. Must have good time management skills.
- Communicating - Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with subcontractors, G.L. Building Corp personnel, customers and all other parties.
- Computer Skills - Experience with Excel, Microsoft Project, Construction scheduling applications
- Customer Service - Must have good people skills and a genuine commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
- Commitment - Ability and willingness to follow through and ensure the work is done correctly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Leadership - Ability to direct, train and motivate vendors and subcontractors to maintain compliance with GL Building Corp policies and practices.
- Decision Making - Ability to make good decisions when problems arise to resolve the situation in an efficient and cost effective manner. Must be able to anticipate problems and mitigate risks.
- Ability to apply experience to identify critical issues and logistics at Design Development phase.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Must have reliable transportation.
From: G L Homes of Florida Corporation