People who want to do a great job want to work for a company that values that dedication.
Snider Fleet Solutions is one of the largest commercial tire dealers and retread service providers in the nation. We are recognized as an industry leader for providing innovative outsourcing alternatives to both single truck customers and large multi-location trucking fleets. In addition to in-shop services, we also offer 24/7 emergency roadside assistance. You’ll be working with people who put everything they’ve got into their jobs. Because they love what they do and they love being on a winning team. We go the extra mile in everything we do.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – personal, holiday, sick and vacation
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401(k) retirement planning
- Profit sharing
- Employer-Paid Life
- Employer-Paid Short Term Disability
- And More
We are currently seeking a team member who believes in the “extra mile” philosophy to fulfill our Commercial SVC Tire Technician role.
As a Commercial SVC Tire Technician, you will work offsite in a mobile truck in order to service Snider customers with tire and wheel related needs. These needs include, but are not limited to replacing, inspecting, and/or repairing tires to ensure they are road ready and DOT compliant. Additionally, Commercial Tire Technicians will assist with any branch/warehouse tasks when they are not performing service calls. All Snider Commercial Tire Technicians have six months to become TIA certified.
What You’ll Do on a Typical Day:
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance, and equipment inventory levels on service truck, as well as, on person.
- Mount and dismount various sized commercial tires, utilizing the mount/dismount machine, T45A Tire Iron/Spoon Bar, and or the “Golden Tool.”
- Perform commercial tire service work at site of customers need, this includes, but not limited to the side of Interstate, middle of city, customers fleet, Snider facility, etc.
- Perform different tire repairs with plugs and plug/patch combos.
- Perform write off procedures of customers “off” tires. (DOT, Name, Date, etc.)
- Monitor air gauge against the master gauge daily.
- Effectively coordinate with Service Manager on “job status” and completion of it.
- Ensure air impact wrench and jack are properly lube and maintained.
- Work “on-call” afterhours/weekend service calls based on customer’s needs.
- Conduct daily pre and post vehicle inspections.
- Proper use of company cell phone according to company policy.
- Must follow all MCSN procedures, as well as, all TIA standards.
- May be responsible for large/comprehensive fleet service work, inspections, and off site inventory reporting.
- May conduct small OTR, Industrial, Agriculture, and Forestry service work.
- Legibly complete hand tickets that identify work performed and products used, as well as, ensure to have customers signature on all required paperwork.
- Serving every customer by following the processes and procedures identified in the “Extra Mile” Program.
- Follow all safety rules, wear proper PPE and demonstrate safety conscious mindset.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance, show up to work on time and in the correct uniform.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and safety best practices according to TIA standards.
This position will be based in a commercial/industrial tire and or mechanical truck service center, at one of our Snider Branches. The majority of the work will be in a company service truck, exposed to natural climate and weather of the region. When you are not on a service call, you will be at a truck service and/or tire center. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, interact with moving mechanical parts/equipment on a daily basis, and the noise level at the service center is usually moderate to high.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Previous experience in similar role or industry is a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Class C Driver's License or state(s) equivalent and must be insurable to drive by company standards.
- DOT Medical Certification.
- Commercial TIA certification required after six months of employment.
- Forklift certification, obtained after employment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Safety conscious at all times.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Coachable, hardworking, and possess general mechanical aptitude.
- Must have strong time management skills, as well as, close attention to detail.
- Reliable and dependable with self-initiative.
- Ability to complete all tasks assigned, properly, with little to no follow-up.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to learn and operate provided service equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to work a rotating, on call schedule to include nights and weekend shifts.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Basic computer and or smart phone skills.
You bring the drive. We’ll provide the training. Apply today to join our winning team.