Are you looking for a fun, mission-oriented company where you can make a difference? Would you like to identify, develop and write content and provide support for our communication tools, resources and functions? We're hiring a Communication Change Advisor
If you have a passion for serving others and enjoy building relationships, this is the position for you! In this senior specialist position, you'll be responsible for developing compelling, enterprise-wide communication that provides strategic direction and motivates stakeholders in support of Home Instead, Inc.'s business objectives and Strategic Action Plan. You'll also serve as a change management advisor, helping project teams ensure our initiatives meet business objectives by increasing stakeholder adoption and minimizing resistance. This position will also drive communication strategy and delivery for two large change initiatives - introducing a new operations software to franchisees and supporting offices through implementation of our learning management system.
As Communication Change Advisor you'll . . .
- Develop and implement measurable, comprehensive communication plans that support Home Instead, Inc.'s business objectives and Strategic Action Plan. This includes writing, editing and publishing content to a variety of channels with minimal supervision.
- Create actionable change management deliverables including, where appropriate, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans and resistance management plans.
- Apply the right mix of practical communication and change management knowledge and ability to hold the confidence of organizational stakeholders.
- Maintain a clear understanding of business issues and use acceptable communication and change management strategies and tactics to address them.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships that inspire trust and respect and can be influenced to accomplish business objectives.
- Serve as a coach to business leaders helping them be effective communicators and change sponsors.
- Support project teams in integrating change management activities into project plans.
- Recommend appropriate solutions to stakeholders; helping them develop communication competence and make informed decisions.
- Apply a consistent approach to communication and change management activities, while maintaining professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25%.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism/public relations, business or related field.
- Change management certification or designation (e.g., Prosci practitioner) desired.
- Minimum five years' experience in corporate/internal communication, journalism or public relations; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience preparing and executing measurable, results-oriented communication plans.
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style with a willingness to learn organization-specific style rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience building and distributing online forms and surveys.
- Comfortable moderating webinars and being on video.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Home Instead and the related role to the Communication Department.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with an ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication and effective listening skills.
- Prioritizes work, putting high payoff activities first.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Work well independently and as a member of the communication team.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Works collaboratively with other departments.
- Identifies areas for improvement and takes steps to build an action plan/process.
- Can stand, walk and operate office equipment during the course of a normal business day.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms to operate office equipment.
- Work evenings or weekends as required.
- Can perform duties in a professional office setting.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
The Home Instead ® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with over 1,100 independently owned and operated franchises that annually provide more than 80 million hours of care throughout the United States and 13 other countries. Local Home Instead offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGivers SM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible, serving 90,000 seniors daily. The Home Instead network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual's needs. Services span the care continuum - from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer's care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead, it's relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff of over 200 who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
To us, it's personal® doesn't just extend to our clients; it extends to our employees, their families, and the benefits they receive. Home Instead, Inc. takes a holistic approach to benefits and our philosophy is to support employees and their families throughout life's journey. We help employees achieve work/life integration, plan for the future, celebrate successes and provide protection in unexpected situations. The Home Instead, Inc. package covers three general areas and includes:
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance - Employees may choose between a high deductible health plan and PPO. Premiums are partially subsidized by Home Instead.
- Dental Insurance - Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- Vision Insurance - Home Instead pays 100% of the premium for employee coverage and subsidizes a portion for dependent coverage.
- The Kitchen Table - Provides an on-site dining experience. Employees enjoy delicious, nutritious meals prepared daily by our personal chef and chef's assistant. Home Instead subsidizes the cost to keep prices affordable. The Kitchen Table gives us the space and time to build relationships through food and fellowship.
- Wellness Program - Includes an optional annual health risk assessment, $300 a year for wellness, annual health fair, flu shots, and on-site massages.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Benefits+ - This program provides funds to help make benefits more affordable for employees and their families. Employees receive $2,000 for 2021 (new employees hired after January 1, 2021 receive a prorated amount based on their benefits eligibility date).
- 401(k) Plan - Offers a 5% employer match, and free expert financial consulting services.
- Tuition Assistance - Home Instead provides employees up to $5,250 each calendar year for continuing education.
- Student loans - Employees have the option of using Benefits+ dollars of $2,000 to help pay student loans.
- Life Insurance - Employees receive life insurance equal to 1 x salary. In addition, voluntary life insurance is available for employee, spouse and/or children.
- Short Term Disability - Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long Term Disability - Premium is 100% employer paid.
- Long term care insurance - Available at employee's cost.
- Employee Discount Program - Home Instead has relationships with local and national organizations to provide employee discounts on products and services.
- Business Travel Coverage - Covers employees while traveling for business and provides coverage for emergency situations including medical evacuation, hospital fees, family travel expenses, emergency travel arrangements, and additional life insurance.
- Pet insurance - Our fluffy friends are part of the family; pet insurance is a voluntary benefit and affordable option to help cover out-of-pocket expenses.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
- Honor PTO - Our Honor PTO program is based on radical trust. We trust employees to be accountable, to get the job done and to work with their teams. There's no accrual of days off and no set number of days. Employees work with their manager to balance work and personal needs.
- Professional Development - This program provides learning opportunities related to individual roles, professional development, and personal development.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provides free short-term confidential counseling.
- Quarterly Socials - We have fun at Home Instead! Our quarterly socials give us the opportunity to connect and enjoy time with each other.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)