JR# 1942Community Affairs Associate – San Diego ProgramsSalary:
$16.00/hr. - $18.00/hr.RegularFull TimeNon-Exempt WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing. WHAT IS A COMMUNITY AFFAIRS ASSOCIATE?
The Community Affairs Associate
works in collaboration with the San Diego team to create and refine community-informed polices and services for our activities. The Community Affairs Associate
builds relationships throughout the community to gather feedback, share insights, and advocate for polices that improve our programs in the region.
The Community Affairs Associate
will support the management of all development activities conducted in San Diego. They will establish relationships with corporate, faith, and community organizations to obtain volunteers for ongoing volunteer events and donation drives. The coordinator will manage all staff Welcome Home Kit requests and communicate in a timely manner on progress of requests. They will support the Regional Director in conducting strategic community outreach to educate stakeholders, raise funds, and create strategic partnerships. The Community Affairs Associate
will support the management of all kitchen activities conducted in San Diego. They will review all Sysco orders, provide support to the PATH Cooks Mobile program, oversee kitchen invoices and reimbursements, collect food rescue weights for data tracking and update the volunteer Eventbrite calendar bi-weekly. MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. RANGE OF AUTHORITY
With the Kitchen and Volunteer Coordinator’s guidance, the Community Affairs Associate will assist in the in training and supervision of all PATH volunteers and residents to ensure kitchen quality assurance.WHAT YOU BRING
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in nonprofit development, community outreach and/or volunteer management preferred.
- One-year experience in a coordination role.
- Effective communications skills.
- Manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
- Experience working with underserved populations.
- Good knowledge in different recruiting methods.
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Ability to integrate complex organization in a highly creative and innovative environment.
For this role, a successful candidate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have experience in non-profit development, community outreach or volunteer management.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends.
- Have employment eligibility verification.
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance and ownership for personal vehicles used during work duties.
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage.
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site at www.epath.org/careers and search for JR# 1942
to submit your application. A resume is required!
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.