Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a Full-time Community Health Specialist to coordinate a Recovery Oriented Systems of Care grant for Madison and St. Clair Counties, Illinois. This grant seeks to establish partnerships to provide community level support for individuals and families seeking or maintaining recovery. Note that the successful candidate will work primarily from home or in the community.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programs intended to provide recovery supports.
- Plan and direct grant and strategic plan development.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze needs assessments and program evaluations.
- Facilitate and assist with coalitions and community stakeholders.
- Travel to various locations within the site plan area.
- Develop and implement media campaigns and other information material based on current research and grant requirements.
- Participate in local and state advocacy groups.
- Assume leadership role as assigned on a regular basis.
- Submit program documentation, reports, and agency paperwork.
- Fulfill agency responsibilities including staff development, monitoring research, and participation in agency meetings and committees.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned, required, or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field with a minimum of two (2) years related experience or a Master’s Degree in a human services field.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Zoom, and online reporting systems is required.
- Knowledge of needs of individuals and families with lived experience is preferred.
- Must have experience in public speaking with organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of pathways to recovery preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Position requires ability to travel to locations in the site plan area and home internet connection.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled