Part-Time Instructor - CompTIA ITF+ Certification
G11 is currently looking for an experienced instructor. The candidate will be responsible for instructing adult learners in and around Washington, DC. This position is a contracted, 100% remote, part-time opportunity.
Candidates must have prior experience teaching adult learners in a classroom setting as well as experience in CompTIA specific instruction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Address exam objectives and prepare students for successful certification testing
- Teach the functions and devices used within a computer system
- Demonstrate basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Teach some software and database development principles
- Demonstrate proper configuration of computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks
- Provide students the skills and knowledge necessary to perform personal computer hardware and operating systems installation, PC building, system upgrades, repair, and system configuration
- Implement curriculum necessary for students to achieve certification
- Content mastery and certification in CompTIA ITF+
- Minimum of 1-year teaching experience specific to adult learners
- Minimum 3 years in a related field of study
- Experience in a variety of instructional methods: lecture, interactive presentation, tutoring, demonstrating, class rotation/flipped classroom lesson planning, distance learning
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must provide documentation of all relevant credentials, certifications, and licenses
G11 is a unique company that seeks to pair high-quality candidates with impactful positions. We believe in a holistic approach to hiring. You are not just a list of bullet points, but a valuable asset with unique contributions. We believe in working with you, not you working for us. G11 is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made with no regard to color, race, national origin, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.