Construction Equipment Mechanic/Field Tech
Find A Wrench
Our client, Toyota Material Handling, is hiring for a Mobile Field Technician.
Field Technicians respond to breakdown service calls for needed repairs and perform scheduled routine maintenance at various customer locations on both customer-owned and TMHOH-owned forklifts. The primary goal is to trouble shoot, repair, and maintain units at customer’s location when possible. The Service Technician will also identify larger jobs and communicate with the service support staff to determine the next steps that are required to complete the repairs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent, Certifications on industrial equipment is preferred
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 95% of the time (service calls, normally within a 50-mile radius of tech’s home; little, if any, overnight travel)
- Perform basic to complex repairs on forklifts and other industrial equipment as directed by the service department, within quoted times.
- Conduct thorough inspections on forklifts to identify repairs that are needed and note all findings on work orders
- Use proper test equipment for troubleshooting
- Coordinate with parts department to obtain parts needed for repairs
- Communicate clearly with customers about needed repairs or additional maintenance items
- Accurately and legibly complete paperwork such as work orders, time cards, support information, etc. and turn in on a timely basis
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude
- Keep service vehicle clean and stocked with parts & supplies; own the tools needed to perform on a daily basis
- Maintain personal workspace safety and cleanliness requirements as directed by company policy
- Comply with all quality and safety procedures as outlined by Toyota Material Handling Ohio
- Complete required training specified by Toyota Material Handling Ohio and/or Toyota Material Handling, U.S.A.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in an industrial or heavy equipment field
- Must currently have and maintain a good driving record to insure that you can be covered by our auto insurance
- Basic computer skills, including use of an iPad
- Perform repairs with a high degree of accuracy and competence
- Interpret engineering systems irregularities and identify appropriate solutions
- Customer oriented; able to build long-term relationships with customers by earning their trust and respect
- Communicate effectively with customers (including co-workers)
- Possess strong commitment to teamwork
- Must be self-motivated and organized; willing to learn
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Attendance is an essential function of this job
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Must have the ability to continuously lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 lbs.
- Moderate to loud noise level
- Operate forklift
- Will frequently be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels; must have the ability to hear normal sounds with continuous background noise
- Occasionally may walk up and down stairs
- May occasionally work in wet or cold weather conditions
- Works frequently around exhaust fumes, gas, diesel, solvents, paints, thinners, etc.
- Must be able to see objects close and distant continuously
- Eye, hand, and foot coordination occurs frequently to continuously
- Will frequently extend hands/arms in a motion ranging from below the knees to above the head
- Frequent to continuous driving, standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, crawling, squatting, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and repetitive motions occurs in this job