Gaithersburg, MD 20889
@Orchard LLC has been retained by well-established solutions provider within defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Construction Inspector to support their federal work in Gaithersburg, MD. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with strong potential FTE opportunity for the right fit. Owing to the nature of the work, we are only able to accept applicants who can able to obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a leader on a major construction project? Are you well versed in heavy civil construction? If so, we have a great opportunity for you to join us on a significant capital improvement program.
In this role, you will plan, schedule, supervise, and exercise administrative authority over all field engineering work. The successful candidate controls field engineering activities prepares construction and procurement schedules, conducts subcontract negotiations, and provides technical guidance to support construction operations in accordance with Company procedures and industry practices. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
- Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate staffing, execution, and monitoring of all field engineering activities and related support operations.
- Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems, and other technical information.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project design engineering, client representatives, and contractors.
- Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, back charge documents, change orders, etc.
- Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications.
- Makes decisions regarding long range planning, scheduling, budgeting, work priorities, and personnel.
- Provides advice on field engineering procedures, construction methods, and financial matters to management.
- Frequently interfaces with upper level management and client personnel.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field, or equivalent construction related work experience, with minimum of 16 years of progressive experience in field construction
- Relevant experience on similar large construction projects with specific related experience on facilities with radiation shielding; Lab and research operations; Related mechanical/electrical systems
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and construction related processes, as well as industry practices.
- Completion of OSHA 30 or equivalent.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction, and the proven ability for performing in a supervisory capacity on a project.
- Prior federal government project experience.
- Must have US person status and be able to obtain/maintain federal government project accesses.
- Completion of Radiation Safety Training any level
- Construction Industry Certifications in NEBB or ASHRAE
- Completion of USACE Construction Quality Management
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.