NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Construction Inspector will have overall project responsibility for multi-disciplinary municipal, public works, roads and land development, and/ or transportation projects, to ensure the construction Contractor’s compliance with the approved plans and specifications, and be the primary point of contact with each client. They will ensure our client’s quality per the approved plans and specifications. Preference given to candidates with inspection certificates along with past experience in water, wastewater, storm drain, and transportation projects.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Monitor the Contractor’s work activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Monitor the Contractor’s schedule alerting the Contractor and the City should the critical path become foreseeably jeopardized.
- Project cost tracking of the Contractor’s schedule of values.
- Perform Construction Inspection of the Contractor’s work to ensure compliance with the project plans and specifications.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or City.
- Proactively recommend actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Recommend resolution of construction issues in a decisive manner to keep projects on schedule and under budget.
- Represent the company to outside organizations and maintain client relations, assessing client needs in support of NV5.
- Experience and working knowledge of civil construction principles/practices in at least one of the following two fields:
- Municipal and Public Works projects, water and wastewater distribution systems, water and waste water treatment plants.
- Transportation projects including Caltrans roadway projects. Experience and working knowledge with Caltrans MUCTD and Caltrans Construction Manual.
- Knowledge of building codes, local ordinances, and engineering practices for public works and/or transportation projects.
- Preference given to those who have a minimum of one valid Group II certification.
- Competency Statement(s)
- Experience providing construction oversight of the Contractor
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals in all levels of construction
- Ability to coordinate multiple, complex projects
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.Education
- High School Degree or a related technical fieldExperience
- Preference given to five to ten years related experience
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Computer Skills
- Working knowledge of and basic proficiency with computers. Ability to create and use Construction Inspection Daily logs on computer/tablet. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Ability to utilize other construction related software including Microsoft Project and/or Primavera a plus.
- Certified Public Works Inspector
- CPII or Registered Construction Inspector
- RCI, preferred, Consideration given to inspectors who carry ACI, AWS, APWA, ICC
- Candidate must have a valid California Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one.
- While Certificates are not mandatory, the ideal candidate may have many of the following certificates:
- Safety and Basic Certificates
- Cal OSHA Safety Awareness Training
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- Project Inspector
- Public Works Inspector
- Group II Certifications
- AWS-CWI Welding Inspector
- Concrete Inspector
- Building/Construction Inspector
- Grading Inspector
- Reinforcing Steel
- Pre-Tensioned Concrete
- Post Tensioned Concrete
- Structural Steel Welding Inspector
- Concrete Batch Plant
- Structural Masonry
- Group III
- Protective Coatings Inspector
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.