Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.Â With a dedicated staff of over 580Â technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
NXL Construction Services, a division of Century Engineering, Inc., is a professional Construction Management and Surveying firm specializing in transportation projects. We are currently seeking motivated candidates to fill our full-time Transportation Construction Inspector roles. Work assignments will be in the Richmond and Hampton Roads, Virginia areas.
- Inspect materials used by contractors on highway construction on-site and document compliance with specifications
- Inspect various phases of contractor work to ensure proper highway construction
- Read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways with an understanding of construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Perform tests for specification compliance
- Document pay quantities for current and final estimates
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the transportation construction industry including: paving/asphalt, surveying, traffic signals, flagger/traffic control and road or bridge construction and maintenance
- Familiarity with VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications as well as construction project documentation procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.Â Some education/training in civil engineering, construction technology or related field
- Industry and VDOT certifications preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Familiarity with use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems
- Current/valid State Driver's License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a fingerprint/background check
- Candidates will be subject to work in potentially harsh outside environmental conditions and hazards and highway construction sites including heights, heavy equipment and highway traffic
- Position requires the ability to stand and walk on uneven surfaces for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, Â disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
EEO/AAA/m/f/vets/disabledinspection, pavement, utility, drainage, engineering, construction