Construction Management – Project Lead
Santa Fe, NM
The Homewise mission is to create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so that individuals and families can improve their long-term financial well-being and quality of life. We empower and support clients with financial education and coaching, real estate services, affordable mortgage lending, and down payment assistance, loan servicing, refinance, and home improvement lending. We also strengthen neighborhoods by increasing homeownership through real estate development, property rehabilitation, and revitalizing communities.
We are seeking a Construction Management Project lead to join our Real Estate Development Team. The mission of the Construction Management Project lead is to ensure that Homewise’s new construction and rehabilitation projects are completed to the highest standards including on budget, on schedule, and to the design goals of the team from planning to project end.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven, dynamic, high-energy work environment that focuses on creating positive change, consider a career with Homewise. We offer our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development
- Growth opportunities
- The Construction Project Manager is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Solicit professional services as needed for the project and phases as assigned. For example, predevelopment services might include site survey, soils investigations, environmental studies, planning, and preliminary design.
- Review all proposals, provide analyses of technical validity, and negotiate services contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Oversee and coordinate construction team members from start to finish – architect, general contractor and any professional consultants (engineers, green consultants, other).
- Complete pre-acquisition valuation analysis and cost estimates for multifamily rehabilitation projects.
- Communicate and work effectively and efficiently with people at all levels: citizens, board, grantors, consultants, etc.
- Develop and manage the budget and schedule for the project, ensuring compliance with funder’s requirements. Track all spending and ensure project is completed within budget and schedule.
- Develop and manage a “development standard specification” which describes the critical construction products and systems needed and to be incorporated into projects so as to provide consistency and serviceability of Homewise, Inc. properties; Anticipate critical issues, potential problems and risks and suggest solutions.
- Assist with project due diligence to assure project completion.
- Customer Service. Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests; exceeding customer’s expectations.
- Listening skills. Listens to understand others viewpoints. Anticipates customer needs and offers innovative solutions.
- Communication skills. Able to clearly present issues – both orally and written.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Computer skills. Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; Windows and other software applications as appropriate.
- Work independently. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- High Standards. Expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Spanish speaking would be a plus, although not required.
- Ability to understand and work well with government, private investors and lenders, community organizations and other service organizations.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously.
- Ability to manage productive meetings and deliver persuasive presentations.
- Established analytical thinker, troubleshooter and creative solution provider.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, used to generate complex, financial feasibility analysis, cash flows and proformas.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with a higher preference given to a degree in facilities management, construction management, construction engineering, engineering, architecture, urban planning, community development and public policy or related field preferred. Advanced certificates in facilities management, construction, and construction trades may also be considered.
- Five years in property development. Experience with affordable residential, mixed-use and/or community facility or commercial projects is desirable.
- Project management experience and/or knowledge of multi-family building systems, including design issues and construction materials and methods.
- Knowledge of sustainability and building wellness standards including HERS, Energy Star, LEED and others as determined.
- Ability to travel to project job sites from main office during business hours.
- Be able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk up ladders up to 25 feet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel and drive a vehicle for up to 6 hours driving time per day.