Construction Manager – Remediation/Construction
Our client is an innovative industry leader in Environmental Services, having defined their success by delivering results where others have not, or could not. Their reputation for excellence in Environmental Remediation, Decommissioning, Reclamation and Restoration is supported by numerous industry accreditations and accolades, and they continue to work on some of Canada's largest and most complex remediation projects. Our client is dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions for their clients and their approach to excellence and service delivery has earned them recognition as one of Canada’s Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
As a result of continued growth, we’re looking for a Construction Manager to provide leadership on the implementation of a major construction and remediation project in Eastern Canada. This is a significant project that would appeal to a very seasoned and experienced Leader with major project experience in Civil, Marine and large-scale construction. This position would report to the Senior Project Manager onsite.
-Manage and support internal Project Teams and specialty sub-contractors
-Oversee all on-site construction in accordance with Design & Budget Plans
-Oversee and report on all Project Performance
-Ensure adherence of Occupational Health & Safety Act rules and regulations
-Communicate and disseminate project safety protocols to work teams & subcontractors
-Process and document Contract Drawings changes and Specifications
-Track Project scope changes and additional work requests
-Oversee Project expenditure controls and Procurement requisitions (Purchase Orders, expense claims)
-Provide Team Leadership to meet and exceed quality performance standards on all project milestones
-Collaborate with HSE Regional Manager and Construction Manager to establish and maintain strict H&S culture an
- 10-15 years related industry experience
- Experience overseeing $20 Million Environmental Remediation/ Marine Construction or Heavy Civil Projects
- Direct experience working with Construction Teams incl. Construction Managers, Site Superintendents
- Major North American Major project experience
Desired Personal Traits
1. Demonstrated leadership – ability to lead by example/ build a team environment
2. Strategic Thinker/Creative problem solver
3. Exceptional Organizational /Time Management Skills
4. Strong Written/Verbal Communication skills
5. Computer Proficient/familiarity with Industry Management Software
6. Strong mentoring and coaching capabilities
7. Collaborative Leader
8. Strong Achievement-orientation
9. Ability to build relationships and interact with multiple clients, subcontractors, senior management, etc.
About Peeple Inc.
Peeple Inc is a Vancouver based People Development firm specializing in Management Search and Executive Coaching and development. We’re focused on helping companies build and develop world class teams and assisting jobseekers find incredible employers. Applicants can expect thorough communication, an in-depth evaluation of their background and abilities, complete confidentiality, and our continual care and expertise in matching candidates to roles that provide the best fit possible.
Peeple Inc and our clients we represent are committed to an inclusive and discrimination-free workplace, as well as complete compliance with the B.C. Human Rights Code, Canadian Human Rights Act, and the Employment Equity Act.
Application and Timeline
We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible as our client is keen to welcome their newest team member. Interviews will take place as resumes are submitted through the Peeple Inc website.