Fusion is growing our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Construction Manager to our team. This position will be required to interface regularly with contractors and project managers, as well as plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise contractors from project start to finish.
- On-site for all construction activities including day-to-day contractor management
- Collaborate with site O&M leadership, engineers, contractors, and other construction specialists
- Support safety and adherence to safety procedures (LOTO, JSO, Confined Space, etc.)
- Address and follow-up with unsafe work practices, non-compliance with environmental requirements, etc.
- Remain familiar with wetland crossings and requirements of the SWPPP and all project permits.
- Interpret and explain technical information to other professionals as needed
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems
- Maintain daily field logs and track construction progress to the schedule
- Attend daily construction tailboards and participate in construction related activities that require owner input and or signoff. Provide records of meetings and construction activities.
- Meet with site O&M leadership and contractor(s) regarding daily activities
- Verify daily planned activities are within the project boundary and do not cross areas where the project does not have legal access
- Coordinate contractor and visitor access. Ensure all contractors & visitors understand safety expectations and have appropriate PPE.
- Coordinate field inspection activities for contractors and or owner field inspection services
- Document discussions with landowners and identify any concerns or questions and send to project manager and public relations.
- Review, document, and approve field change requests
- Participate in weekly status meetings
- Provide weekly construction status reports
- Lead a weekly call in review (~1/2 Hour) with Project Manager(s)
- Coordinate and support LOTO requests for system isolations with site O&M leadership and contractor(s)
- Coordinate work hours and schedule as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Five to 10 years’ experience in power plant engineering, operations and/or maintenance or similar industry or five to 10 years’ experience in supervision. Good working knowledge of contracts and relationships with contractors is preferred. Ability to communicate with and establish and maintain good working relationships with employees, contractors and project management.
The preferred candidate would have:
- Knowledge of power generation equipment from the perspectives of the owner and operator.
- Knowledge of chemical hazards and safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental risks and associated response procedures.
- Working knowledge of machinery, lubrication, metallurgy, electrical theory and distribution, and control systems, including field instrumentation.
- Basic understanding of OSHA requirements.
- Formal engineering or technical training beyond high school is preferable.
Work Hours/Times: Mon thru Saturday, 7am-5pm (subject to change), field full-time (100%)