Construction Manager/Superintendent - Build to Rent
Second Avenue is recruiting a Construction Manager/ Superintendent with relevant background in production scattered lot single family home construction.
Second Avenue is an alternative, investor driven, privately owned real estate firm focused on solving solutions for single-family residential investors. Second Avenue is a full-service platform offering innovative results to institutional grade owners and investors. Our experienced management team, unparalleled market density and proprietary technology deliver best-in-class client experiences.
We offer a positive culture and professional work environment. Please visit our website for additional background on our business platform – www.secondavenue.com .
Large Scale Scattered Lot Single Family Production Home Build Experience Required
We are looking for an individual who possesses in-depth experience with respect to construction processes, as it relates to scatter lot production build, best-of-breed practices, technology, and operational components on a geographic diverse multiple site basis.
Position Location: Orlando, FL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a competent level of knowledge with respect to production logistics, quality control, efficiencies, and delivery components across multiple building locations.
- Proficiency with respect to technology platforms to track and optimize same.
- Responsible for the monitoring of third-party developer/builder activities through all phases of construction on individual homes throughout current geographic footprint – primarily in Central Florida locations.
- Monitor project completion timelines with developer/builder activities with respect to forecast timelines, material completions, compliance to specifications, quality control and all relevant aspects of the construction production through completion.
- Maintain divisional reporting requirements to clients and other Second Avenue divisions.
- Update internal reports/files on daily/weekly basis to assure continuity, quality control and efficiency.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Set up and establish weekly cadence with builder partner to review construction progress and delivery schedule.
- Proven knowledge of residential Construction processes, methods, and best practices. This includes comprehensive knowledge regarding building codes, critical path monitoring, timeline adherence, and problem solving.
- 5+ years of residential construction and renovation exposure.
- Advanced ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and construction monitoring software.
- Solid ability to use computers, iPads and mobile apps proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and construction monitoring software.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics and Background
- Residential scattered lot production home building.
- Minimum high school diploma (or equivalency) required. Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in single-family residential construction management.
- Proven track record with respect to goal achievement, adherence to planned timeframes and urgency of execution of all related tasks and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of highly experienced peers and principals.
- Experience and knowledge with respect to construction, management, and analytical software platforms.
- Successful track record with respect to prioritizing multiple initiatives – including rapid execution and sense of urgency regarding completion of key tasks within set timeframes.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and team orientation.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Ability to be always readily accessible via phone and/or email, except during approved time off.
- Periodic travel within assigned portfolio projects or to organizational meetings required.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Full-time, Salaried - Exempt
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, 401K