Construction Materials Testing Department Manager
Froehling and Robertson, Inc
Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R) has been proudly engineering stability in the country since 1881. In addition to being one of the oldest independent testing/engineering companies, F&R is also a minority-owned business offering competitive compensation/benefits and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all! Our shared F&R/Employee values include: Safe & Healthy Work Environment, Value & Respect for F&R Employees and Clients, Trustworthiness, Technical Excellence, Continuous Improvement, and Financial Success.
We're always on the lookout for FRESH and ENERGIZED talent; individuals and professionals who are not afraid to get their boots and hats a little dirty from the ruffles of the journey to engineering stability together.
Come be a part of this talented and dedicated team.
Join stability. Apply now!
Who we’re looking for:
The CMT Department Manager will coordinate the efforts of other engineers, technicians, special inspectors, and sub-consultants to deliver results that ensure our goal of exceeding our clients’ expectations on every project.
What you’ll be doing
Including but not limited to:
- Leads team of staff of engineers, project managers and technicians to provide client service on multiple and unrelated project deadlines
- Develops and manages of technician and project schedules and budgets
- Provides oversight of all construction materials testing and lab management projects/work undertaken
- Oversees and maintains assigned project profitability and client satisfaction in keeping with F&R goals
- Authors and/or reviews technical reports and letters
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures, and criteria during the execution of engineering services
- Takes lead on development of proposals to win profitable projects throughout the assigned region
- Mentors/manages junior and senior CMT field and laboratory staff, and supervision of PM's and field technicians
- Shares responsibility to meet the branches’ business development, marketing and proposal goals
- May serves as lead project manager on higher profile projects in addition to providing oversight to junior level staff
- Participates in the hiring process of new engineers, technicians, and special inspectors
- Organizes requirements and upkeep of lab accreditations and staff/technician certifications
- Performs staff and technician evaluations, helping to set and aid in achieving goals
- Upholds F&R mission statement and Core Values in all aspects of work
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- PE License required, or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 10+ years of construction materials testing and inspections desired
- Progressive experience leading teams to meet organizational/departmental goals
- Experience with developing clients in multiple markets
- Must be a team leader who can lead growth and success through F&R values
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Excellent attention to details
- Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R’s pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight (less than 35%)
Check out our Perks + Benefits:
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- In-House continuous training
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401K retirement
- Company Cell Phone
- Usage of company vehicle when traveling to sites/labs, etc.
***COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate***
Froehling & Robertson, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you must demonstrate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. If you cannot get vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
F&R participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)