Construction Operations Manager Pleasanton, CA
Sunbelt Controls is a premier provider of building automation system solutions and services for a wide portfolio of clients across the Western United States. We provide BAS solutions that are comprehensive, ranging from new construction installation and system retrofits to preventative service, data analytics, and fault detection diagnostics. We lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost across several vertical markets, including office buildings, data centers, healthcare, education, and biotech/pharmaceutical.
We deliver value to our clients by utilizing emerging technologies to create smarter buildings through our professional solutions, services, experiences, and ingenuity. Our employees are comprised of intelligent, dedicated, and entrepreneurial team members who put customers first and enjoy what they do. We believe there is a better way to grow professionally, to partner, and deliver a project. If you are ready for new challenges and new opportunities, come join our team!
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
Responsibilities to include the leadership and management of the day to day department operations including but not limited to all Field personnel, Technical Service Managers, Project Engineers, Design Engineers, and System Software Engineers. The responsibilities include both Construction and Service Operations. This role supports the strategic planning and development of the overall operations and technical services group in alignment with the business strategic direction.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Manages and supports the development and deployment of company standards, process execution, and quality assurance of the local operations team.
- Manages the local team through leadership and change management techniques to effectively deploy new company strategies, standards, and processes as necessary.
- Responsible for the construction contracting group workload assessment and resource capacity through effective planning and allocation of team resources for the construction operations as the local business dictates.
- Manages the local construction contracting business turnover process and ensures meetings with the Project Manager & Project Engineers, to gather all information needed to support engineering, software development, and field execution expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting all corporate, regional, and local use of Sunbelt engineering, software, and graphics solutions standards documentation and libraries.
- Responsible for administration of individual skills assessments and annual personal and professional development planning for operations personnel.
- Supports the development of methods and processes to increase personnel efficiency and effectiveness while striving to reduce costs for overall construction operations.
- Responsible for local market networking and third party recruiting relation development to support the recruitment and hiring of all operational staff.
- Develops annual staffing and recruiting strategy for sizing the local operations business for growth.
- Provides weekly/monthly resource capacity management for scheduling and resource loading to the management team as necessary. Will also participate in monthly backlog reviews with Sales and Service managers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor s degree in engineering and/or 10 -15 years of related work experience.
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it s appropriate to consult with others in the organization and/or escalate to the Regional Operations Manager and/or local Location/Sales Manager.
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to convey advanced concepts in a manner that is understandable to basic/junior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate basic and/or stretch tasks to less experienced staff and assign resources correctly to diagnose/address issues.
- Proactively supports the evaluation of potential issues on projects and initiates action plans with the associated Project Manager to limit negative outcomes and exposure.
- Develops and maintains viable and productive relationships with the local customer base, project managers, office staff, and field personnel. Schedules and attends meetings as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a local network of viable subcontracting partnerships that supports the outsourcing of various contracting work as necessary.
- Provides project development support with operational staff as necessary to the Project Managers in solutions, applications, execution, and cost estimating strategies.
- Provides customer and project accountability assurance throughout and supports post-project reviews as necessary.
- Manages individual and department operational productivity on a monthly and YTD basis to meet expected productivity metric goals for the local business unit.
- Manages the cost accountability of each of the team members through leadership and effective communication and coaching.
- Evaluates and develops operational group supervisor roles for effective management and leadership of their respective teams as put in place with the needs of the local business growth.
- Participates in local presentations internally and externally as necessary to demonstrate operational team effectiveness, credibility, and experience as required.
- Continuously pursues personal development in local market and industry technologies and solutions to enable operational support both internally and externally as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Branch/Sales Manager, Regional Operations Manager, and/or the Executive team.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk, hear and lift, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.