Construction Project Leader
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Construction Project Leader is responsible for BQ’s proprietary Frozen DSD (Direct Store Delivery) model asset rollout. The Construction Project Leader will be the controlling manager of this project and serve as a point-of-contact for clients. He / she will be responsible for building a plan and outlining the proper strategy to successfully execute BQ’s Freezer program to meet client’s needs and BQ’s ability to realize the planned ROI with each project. Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to planning, permitting, construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, installation hook-up and commissioning of the assets / sites in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule.
Position ensures that assigned projects are successful by working with QSR (Quick Serve Restaurant) customers, partners, contractors and both internal and external teams in following standards, practices, and schedules that result in value-added projects being on-time, on budget and ultimately forming lasting relationships with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Construction Management with multi-state experience
Project Management experience – strong understanding of PM Software to manage critical path/process
Strong permitting experience
- Creates and successfully maintains project budget and schedule.
- Successfully coordinates on-site project team, contractors, vendors, schedule, owner correspondence, client-relations, drawing management, approvals, materials, and deliveries.
- QA/QC of construction materials and installation. Ensures purpose and content of the Construction Quality Management System Plan.
- Ensures and maintains culture of safety across all project sites.
- Productively communicates and regularly interacts with business owners.
- Attends and runs project meetings with necessary stakeholders and/or project team.
- Works with freezer manufacturer, QSR Brand, Franchisees and contractors to prepare all documents and timelines to execute to the projected monthly program installs.
- Ensures necessary permits are obtained in a timely manner and completed in full by corresponding team member (s) or agencies.
Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions.
- Work with QSR Corporate Brand, franchisees, landowner (s) and facility staff to ensure understanding of construction process, project progress, timelines, schedule, and budget.
- Follows internal process, policies, and delivery methods for construction projects.
- Effectively communicates and works with internal team including site superintendent, project director, and project coordinator.
- Approximately 40% travel
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.