The Construction Project Manager is responsible for assuring all technical field operations are carried out in a safe manner, on schedule, and within the quality standards outlined in the construction specs, and any contractual agreements. Obtains information necessary to have various permit applications processed and approved by utility companies, the appropriate city, state, or private organizations. Establishes Hub sites and/or Fiber Cabinet locations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Coordinate material availability between warehouse and contractors.
- Inspect work performed by in-house or contract crews for conformity to specs.
- Verify production quantities for accuracy.
- Complete daily and weekly activity reports.
- Coordinate areas of activity and maintain production schedules of same areas.
- Ensure the safe operation and condition of company assets assigned.
- Contain material waste as outlined in the Construction Agreement.
- Encourage the training and advancement of all assigned staff.
- Extensive contact with owners, management staff of MDU and public utilities, vendors, and the general public.
- Prepare required applications for utility pole attachments and Make-Ready, highway crossings and railroad crossing permits. This includes (a) the completion of any required field walkouts and drawings that may be required for those permits, (b) proper logging of those permits and any required follow-up with the appropriate body, (c) completion of the permit process and construction, including any joint ride outs before and/or after completion of construction.
- Work with in-house and/or contractor’s construction crew(s) as may be required to insure proper traffic control is in place to comply with permitting requirements and that proper cable placement takes placement.
- Coordinates easement acquisition for HUB building, Power Supply placements, and others as required.
- Maintains proper files for all permits and systems prints (maps), and insures that system prints are current.
- Assist in acquiring street addresses, as may be required, for entry into system data base.
- Act as the liaison between Point Broadband and permitting departments of the various utility companies, other communications companies, city, county, state, and/or railroad companies. Acts as liaison between system and corporate engineering department.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple teams with professionalism and flexibility.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of pre-engineering procedures, layout and design and make-ready construction.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of aerial and/or underground construction. Thorough knowledge of all equipment used in the activation of fiber plant.
- Supervisory experience in Fiber construction.
- Ability to work cost analysis, maintain paperwork and files.
- Mathematical, mechanical, abstract reasoning and problem solving skills are required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- Required to use close vision and be able to focus
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to travel for business purposes.