CRH Americas Materials
Job ID: 337458
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary:
Callanan Industries is seeking a Heavy Highway Construction Superintendent in the Capital District. Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the supervision of Heavy Highway Contracts. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Ability to work both days and nights and be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes.
- Must be able to interact with Owners, Consultants, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Qualified candidates will be self-motivated, conscientious, and work well as a team member.
- Review project proposal of plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Ensure a safe work environment by overseeing compliance with all safety policies.
- Ability to adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Must pass drug screen and background check before being employed at Callanan Industries, Inc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communicate skills
- Ability to manage and analyze complex information
- Ability to set objectives and goals in order to drive results
- Capacity to calmly navigate changing environments
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in Heavy Highway construction supervision (preferable with NYSDOT & Thruway).
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.