The American Fence Company
For over fifty years, American Fence Company has been the fence contractor of choice for some of our nation’s most secure facilities to provide protection and peace of mind. Nuclear power plants, Strategic Air Command, Google, Microsoft and Apple all rely on us to provide security solutions. We have substantially grown our business on a solid foundation of great employees and customer relationships. With eight branches and three hundred employees, we are one of the Nation's top ten largest fence contractors.
Our Commercial Construction Superintendents are truly at the front of the pack. We need individuals who have the ability to generate immediate leadership and organizational results. This is an opportunity to lead an established group of professional and seasoned installation crews. This position teams closely with some of our industries top professionals in sales, inventory, crew support, management, fabrication, purchasing, etc.
We can teach you fence. We have the industries number one training program with our Fence Certification. This is a considerable career opportunity for the right leader.
Our Superintendents are responsible for daily crew management, the installation and field performance of their teams, and training installers as to the means and methods of fence installation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Desire to win and an aggressive spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in construction trade at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of the overall construction industry and protocol.
- High order of organization and systematic practices.
- Great aptitude and ability to quickly learn industry products, installations standards, etc.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications. Capable of producing effective proposals, RFIs, etc.
- Strong ability to maintain and establish accountability.
- Ability to work with a variety of personnel, employees and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Five plus years construction experience.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Three years fence experience or closely related trade.
The General Superintendent is responsible for daily crew management. They will supervise and participate in conducting all reviews and complete employment agreements. They will assist and participate in assuring time saved and quality of work. And they will be responsible for further developing crews and crew members.
Working with their staff, mechanics and safety director, the General Superintendent will ultimately be responsible for assuring that our crews are operating safe vehicles in a safe manner. The Superintendent is responsible for assuring crews complete all vehicle and driver information.
The General Superintendent will be greatly responsible for training installers as to the means and methods of fence installation. In coordinating the efforts of their staff, they will assist the crew(s) in the field in installing fence and project management
Working in cooperation with our sales, project managers, purchasing and inventory, the General Superintendent is responsible for the installation and field performance of our projects to assure customer satisfaction and profitability.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (health/dental/life/short and long-term disability/401k)
- No overnight travel
- Company provided transportation and communication
- Paid vacation and holiday pay.
- Professional and spirited environment
- Top notch facilities, equipment and IT
- Fantastic team environment structured based on peer support
- Relocation assistance is available
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
About the Company
The American Fence Company
Family owned and operated since 1948, American Fence Company is the premier fence rental, installation, and manufacturing company in the United States. We are licensed, bonded, and insured with seventeen locations to serve you nationwide, providing knowledgeable professionals right in your own back yard. Whether you need temporary fence panels, high-security and crash-rated perimeter security, or fencing materials we are here to serve you.
Our mission is to provide quality workmanship and competitive pricing for all of your fencing needs.http://www.americanfence.com/our-locations/