What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives. Support Medical supply chain and logistics businesses by developing, managing, and maintaining data-driven tools and actionable insights.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
The role will work across the supply chain with different levels of the organization, gathering requirements, communicating project plan, and delivering trusted actionable results in a clear and concise manner.
The role will also manage existing tools, such as scorecards and dashboards, and look for ways to enhance or improve upon speed, process flow, functionality, and overall value.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools preferred
Strong knowledge and experience with Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, SAP, GCP/Big Query, and Python/R is preferred.
Operations/Supply Chain experience a plus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.