Consultant - Life Sciences Strategy
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit:www.guidehouse.com.
Is life sciences in your DNA? Breakthroughs in pharma are helping people live healthier lives, while medical devices enable patients to proactively maintain health – and we are undoubtedly in the midst of a transformative time for biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical technology companies. Guidehouse’s Life Sciences practice is an engine of innovation, helping our client partners to develop custom solutions that tackle today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s. You will have an immediate impact working alongside our clients to deliver new product planning, pricing, reimbursement, product launch and commercialization solutions. Are you up for the challenge?
We continuously strive to foster an inclusive and diverse work culture and thoughtfully develop our people through challenging work, valuable learning and educational programs. We cultivate a culture of mentorship and feedback for professional and personal growth. We help our clients take control of their future – and this mission extends to our employee's careers, health and well-being and in the many ways we give back to our communities. If you’re passionate about making a difference and delivering exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at https://guidehouse.com/careers
Consultants work with Guidehouse Life Sciences teams to provide support in a number of ways, including but not limited to: scheduling and conducting interviews with physicians, payers, and other thought leaders in healthcare; gathering and analyzing medical literature, healthcare market reports and databases; participating in document writing, production, and client presentations; and, working alongside our clients day-to-day to address their critical business issues. Travel is project dependent but averages 20 percent. Work scopes and required competencies also vary by service line – with comfort with disease areas and science important for pipeline product engagements – but all required organization, time management, and a polished/ mature presence given roles are client-facing.
The Life Sciences practice encourages career development and hiring for the long term. Consultants follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen their knowledge in the field of healthcare and the practice of consulting. As Consultants develop project management skills they progress to the position of Senior Consultant.
- BA/BS degree in Science, Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare, Business or related course of study with strong record of academic success.
- Must possess strong analytical skills (Excel, Access, etc.) and leverage analytic techniques to use data to guide client and team decision-making.
- Must have advanced data collection, research, information finding experience and explore solutions that challenge critical thinking.
- Must be willing and able to travel to client sites across the US.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for the Healthcare and Life Science industries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to produce client ready deliverables including PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to grasp and communicate clinical and business implications of technically complex products and services.
- Collaborative and a team player.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- This position is open to candidates virtually from EST, CST, PST time zones as well as AZ, UT.
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program