Consumer Associate Chemist II
Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!What youÃ¢ll learn & achieve::
Under direct supervision, performs specialized laboratory testing and analyses. Performs calculations, prepares reports and assess proper calibration and standardization of equipment and procedures. Records and analyzes data and prepares written reports. Determines and assigns testing to samples submitted to the laboratory. Performs selection and collection of test specimens.
- Perform routine tests and procedures and utilizes AATCC practices and internal SOPs.
- Performs complex/non-routine or detailed tests and analyses.
- Performs calculations, prepares reports, and assesses proper calibration and standardization of equipment and procedures.
- Implements tests and procedures requiring selection and adaptation of test equipment and test procedures with lab management supervision.
- Records and analyzes data and prepares written reports.
- Performs assignment of testing to samples
- Performs selection and collection of test specimens.
- Performs other duties as required.
Some University education (Equivalent to Associate??s degree) in Chemistry or a related discipline plus generally two years of laboratory experience Knowledge of wet chemistry, dissolution testing, AOAC testing and knowledge of automated equipment.
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
What youÃ¢ll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isnâ€™t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and youâ€™ll almost always hear, â€œthe people.â€ Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. Weâ€™re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customersâ€™ create. Weâ€™re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com