*ONLY HIRING IN DC, MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA*
Lafayette Federal Credit Union has been dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our members since 1935. We understand that in order to give the best to our members we must give the best to our team. As an institution, we are committed to the success of each employee and the betterment of our community. We are proud of our competitive pay and attractive benefits package that provides those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources needed to manage their heath, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future.
About this position:
We are currently seeking a Consumer Loan Processor for our Consumer Lending Department. Summarily, the Consumer Loan Processor, while under the general supervision of the VP of Consumer Lending, will be expected to follow established policies and procedures while providing administrative support to the processing, closing and post-closing activities of the Consumer Lending Department based in Rockville, MD.
The Consumer Loan Processor will:
- Perform a variety of consumer loan support duties such as calculating cash disbursed figures, verifying payroll deduction forms, processing loan payment change forms and issuing loans , etc.
- Provides information to members via telephone or in person on loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Informs the member of all necessary information/documentation required to complete a consumer loan application.
- Review consumer file to verify that all required documentation has been received; follows up and requests missing information; analyzes and pre underwrites the information gathered based on credit union policy; prepares file for review by reconciling the income, appraisal value, credit history; determines the terms and conditions of the loan.
- Prepare loan closing documents and schedule and executes closing of loans. May calculate loan amount and disburse funds for settlement.
- Perform quality control on all consumer loans and ensures that they are in compliance with all applicable external and internal regulations
- Be responsible for the thorough knowledge of consumer loan products, policies and procedures
- Be responsible for understanding and complying in an accurate and timely basis with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC requirements that pertain to your position at LFCU and as directed by management and/or the Vice President of Compliance.
- Perform other support and/or administrative duties as assigned by the VP of Consumer Lending or the SVP of Lending.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A positive credit standing
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED.
- Work normally involves contacts with persons beyond immediate associates generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Outside contacts take the form of service to the public (members or vendors) requiring ordinary courtesy in providing assistance and information.
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.*