Continuity of Operations Analyst (DLA-20-1772-W):
Bowhead seeks a Continuity of Operations Analyst who independently and proactively coordinates and executes a myriad of operational tasks and procedures in support of the Defense Logistic Agency Continuity Support Services contract. This contract will be located in the National Capital Region (Arlington, VA) as well as other locations dispersed across CONUS. The individual must be adept at interfacing directly with General Officers, Political Appointees, and Senior Executive level officials of the government and provide expert level advice and analysis.
Responsibilites may include, but not limited too:
• Identify and prioritize mission essential functions which need to be performed under all circumstances either uninterrupted, with minimal interruption, or requiring immediate execution in an emergency.
• Develop, maintain, and execute comprehensive, actionable, and concise continuity documentation, operations orders, and standard operating procedures.
• Develop, maintain, and synchronize emergency response actions with mission partner guidance.
• Manage external vendor-maintained communications systems and databases to rapidly notify essential personnel of Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) / Continuity of Government (COG) events, transmit continuity execution instructions, and maintain accountability of personnel throughout the phases of continuity execution.
• Develop and execute standard operating procedures, to include quick reference guidance, to ensure continued situational awareness and unity of effort during crises/emergencies.
• Develop and execute COG/devolution concept of operations to ensure government personnel have the continuity capabilities if required to transfer operations and/or relocate during a COOP/COG/ECG event.
• Manage and coordinate, with mission partners, alternate location readiness for continuity of operations.
• Develop and maintain a government endorsed continuity training, test, and exercise program, applicable to all personnel, in all aspects of continuity planning.
• Provide subject matter expertise to operationalize contingency plans and procedures, to include movement, security, logistics, and support services.
• BA/BS degree in relevant field required
• At least five (5) years of operational experience in contingency environments executing movement or relocation operations or exercises, providing courses of action, and managing logistical support to senior level government officials.
• At least five years (5) of developing concepts of operation and operations orders at the joint staff or combatant command level.
• Experience of at least five (5) years in the last eight (8) years in a highly responsible capacity in the area of business continuity planning field.
• At least two (2) years' experience in the last four (4) years developing business continuity plans incorporating the concepts of FEMA Continuity of Operations for federal agencies.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment; and strong client relationship skills.
• Managed at least two (2) separate projects within the last eight (8) years developing a comprehensive business continuity plan. This experience must include defining business continuity process design, process mapping, risk assessment, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy development, and business continuity plan documentation, development, and testing.
• PREFERRED - Professional business continuity certification such as:
Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP)
Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP)
Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must hold and maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance. Must be SCI eligible or able to obtain SCI.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*7AEFA4C66FBC18FC