Ware Malcomb is hiring a Contracts Assistant in our Irvine, Ca office!
The Contracts Assistant is a key member of the Ware Malcomb administrative team and supports the daily functions of the Contracts Analyst role. The Contracts Assistant is responsible for preparing and storing contractual documents, and coordinating with internal Contracts team members, accounting staff, CFO and Project Management teams to ensure compliance with Ware Malcomb’s established guidelines.
- At the direction of the Contracts Analyst, transcribe contract redlines in Microsoft Word, prepare final contract drafts with redlines incorporated, file documents and correspondence, and keep detailed notes in accounting software.
- Ensure all contract related documents are organized and stored according to company policy.
- Prepare transmittals and courier packages.
- Route agreements through the signature process; follow up via email and phone to obtain executed contracts.
- Create tracking and status reports for the accounting and operations teams.
- Adhere to established turnaround times and deadlines.
- Engage directly with internal clients in the project management, marketing, finance, accounting, operations and human resources departments.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls with internal and external clients.
- Assisting in filing of legal & collections claims with outside counsel.
- Assist with miscellaneous legal transactions as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, law or a related discipline preferred
- 2-3 years office experience preferably in a legal department or law office, or within the construction, architecture or other related industry
- Experience with reviewing and/or processing contracts and other legal documents
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including familiarity with common legal terminology
- Exceptional organization skills, strong self-motivator with superior attention to detail
- The ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks while satisfactorily meeting deadlines and desired outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; experience with Deltek Vision software a plus
Additional qualifications desired, but not required:
- Paralegal certification
- Experience in a law firm assisting with research and litigation-related transactions
- Fluent Spanish speaker
Ware Malcomb is recognized as an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company and a Hot Firm and Best Firm to Work For by Zweig Group!
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States**