Controllers-SALT LAKE CITY-Associate-Financial Accounting
Salt Lake City, UT
The mission of Controllers is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. As part of the firmâ€™s second line of defense, Controllers provides the critical analysis required while ensuring the internal and external financial information of the firm is accurate. Additionally, Controllers serves an important role in safeguarding the assets of the firm through the independent scrutiny of financial information. Controllers engages regularly with the firmâ€™s regulators and auditors and through its strong culture of control and challenge helps to protect the firm from reputational and other risks.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Act as legal entity controller, with responsibilities over the monthly closing process, including monitoring intercompany relationships, general ledger vs. sub-ledger breaks, revenue and expense sharing arrangements, funding arrangements among affiliated entities, proper booking of accruals/provisions and classification of inventory and other balances
- Preparation of quarterly financial information for inclusion in the firmâ€™s consolidated financial statements filed with the SEC
- Assist in analyzing legal entity regulatory capital requirements, by closely working with the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Corporate Treasury teams
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to the regulatory authorities
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of standalone entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Perform and review ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- CPA is desired
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
- Project management skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
Weâ€™re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity