Controls Engineering Manager
From automotive and electronics, to paper conversion and pharmaceuticals, to food and health & beauty markets and beyond, manufacturers across the globe rely on Shuttleworth integrated product handling solutions to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability, and minimize risk. As part of the ProMach Product Handling business line, Shuttleworth helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit http://www.ProMachBuilt.com and for more information on ProMach Careers, visit http://www.ProMachCareers.com.
Supervises and manages Controls Engineers; provides direction and guidance on control system architecture and documentation; provides direction and guidance on system software architecture; assists with technical sales consultation; assists with electrical cost estimate preparation; assists mechanical engineering department as needed; assists with field service support and P&W issues. Provides department management. Assists Vice President Engineering in formulating and administrating departmental policies and direction.
- Design and Software development – Lead the electrical hardware and software designs for our automation systems, providing simplistic designs to reduce labor and travel while adding value for our customers.
- Gather and provide data to assist in the quotation process to support the applications and sales departments.
- Participate in sales visitations and presentations (team sell)
- Project coordination, externally with customers, inside Shuttleworth, interdepartmentally, and with other company divisions.
- Assisting manufacturing personnel in developing high quality equipment and systems.
- Providing installation, testing and field engineering support and assistance.
- Standards Development – develop and maintain electrical hardware, software and safety design standards that can be utilized across the department.
- Investigate and evaluate electrical and software components by interfacing with vendors.
- Manages controls engineers; scheduling, quality, management and design assistance.
- Communicates with the team to create and implement cost cutting measures.
- Maintain department schedules, budgets, handle personnel issues.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; annual performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Science EE or BSEET degree from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years’ experience with an OEM company
- Master at programming PLCs (Rockwell)
- Master at HMI development (Rockwell and Schneider)
- Knowledge of Pack ML
- Strong background in Safety design and integration
- Strong background in Networking design and integration
- Ability to integrate VFD and Servo motion
- Expert AutoCAD / Electrical AutoCAD
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to interface with vendors on issues and new products.
- Ability to work in a team environment, capable of working with all departments in an open format.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to engage and participate in R&D conceptual design meeting.
- Strong computer software skills. (Microsoft products)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel whenever needed.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits—you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.