Our community is looking for a cook who will be responsible for preparing amazing dishes for our residents. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also oversee ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Prior experience in a related position is a requirement.
- Creativity in meal planning and preparation.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients as needed.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the kitchen supervisor.
- Receive orders and put items away in an organized manor.
- Create and submit orders when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in related food service and food preparation positions is required.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build a healthy and fun rapport with residents.
- Ability to receive residents’ feedback and suggestions in order to create a menu that meets their desired.
- Computer savvy.
- Ability to work mornings, nights, weekend and holidays.
- LyfeSystems Health Savings Account
- Vacation & Sick time
- Holiday Pay and Worked Holiday Pay