Looking for a Cook for Mountain Point Medical Center!
$14.00+/hr. with benefits, health, vision, dental, PTO and Paid holidays
Shifts vary between 6am to 2:30pm or 10:30am to 7pm.
What you will do:
- Prepares orders for patient, staff, visitors and catering using standardized recipes and service and/or plating guidelines.
- Takes note of variances in recipes and plating guidelines and communicates issues to the Executive Chef.
- Assists customers with orders by answering menu and recipe-related questions.
- Keeps abreast of department standards, as well as local, state and federal agency guidelines as required.
- Performs culinary activities such as cold food preparation, blanching, steaming, boiling, simmering, emulsifying, deep frying and routine sauteing in the preparation of food; follows regulations and established standards applicable to personal hygiene and food preparation, handling and disposal.
- Maintains production pars to facilitate smooth execution of the food service operation for the assigned facility.
- Operates, safely and accurately, a variety of commercial food service equipment, including knives, slicer, thermometers, measuring utensils, scales, toaster, food warmer, chopper, mixer, blender, steamer, grill, fryer, steam kettle, broiler, gas stove, microwave oven, slow-cooker and convection oven.
- Performs related duties as required.
One year of directly related work experience in the fast-food, restaurant, hospitality or other culinary environment or venue, or any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities. Vocational training courses in large-quantity cooking is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP food handling standards and guidelines, and industry standards relating to personal hygiene in a culinary environment.
- Knowledge of the basic activities/techniques employed in the preparation of short-order foods.
- Knowledge of the application and/or operation of commercial food service tools and equipment, and the ability to utilize them safely and appropriately.
- ServSafe Certification a plus.
See job description